Artisanal Maple Syrup Production
April 2, 2017
Maple Syrup; Quebec’s historic and cultural food. Yet the fundamentals of operations and methods of transformation remain unknown to many of us. This training is therefore an opportunity for everyone to learn the production of this delicious product, using a method that respects the ecosystem and in a traditional way. You can enjoy a visit to an Ecovillage in the Harrington area; The community of eco-entrepreneurs: Terra Perma!
- Introduction to Artisanal Maple Syrup Production
- Demonstration of “old school” production
- Explanation of maple network, forestry and forest policy
- Maple Water Evaporation (practical)
- By-products production: maple taffy, maple butter, soft sugar, hard sugar (practical)
After completing the workshop, participants will be comfortable producing their own Maple Syrup!
Open to All
The teacher will be giving the course in french, and will be able to translate the difficult parts. However, if you need full time translation, thank you for noticing us. We cannot promise it, but if several students need it, we’ll arrange something.
You can reserve one of our eco-cabins, just visit: https://terraperma.ca/sejourner/types-hebergement/ or call the reservation center: 1-514-291-6368
Each student must come with the following gear:
- Food for your stay: Meals are not included in the course’s price. You’ll have access to a collective kitchen, equipped with propane stoves and a range of cooking gear. However, depending on the group size, it might become difficult to cook all together. We strongly advise that your meals be prepared in avance. Please be aware that we don’t have access to a fridge. If everybody agrees, it will be possible to proceed with a potluck formula. We’ll discuss this possibility shortly before the course with all the students.
- Swimsuit and towel: the course price includes access to the whole Terra Perma parc, that includes a private, pristine, protected lake. Bring what you need to enjoy it! Soap, sunscreen and bug repellent are banned from the lake, please be considerate 🙂
Participation to the workshop for one person, access to a collective kitchen, access to Terra Perma’s parc.