Introduction to Wild Food Harvesting
June 6th 2017 from 11AM to 1PM
- [email protected]
- 514 238 7007
- Carpooling is available
- June 6th 2017 from 11AM to 1PM
This 2-hour adventure is designed for students who have little or no knowledge of wild foods. On this tour, the students will explore the forests of the Laurentians with one of our experienced guides. They will be taught how to identify the 10 most common and easily identified wild edibles such as wild ramps, fiddleheads and mushrooms during the spring, and up to 100 others as the season’s progress. The tour will finish with a small demonstration of how to traditionally process and showcase the delicate flavors of the forest.
Our guests will learn how to identify and sustainably harvest wild edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms (103 identified) with our passionate and knowledgeable guides.
The teacher will be giving the course in french and will be able to translate the difficult parts. However, if you need full-time translation, thank you for noticing us. We cannot promise it, but if several students need it, we’ll arrange something.
The price includes a camping spot (an 8’x10′ platform) for one night. Please bring your own camping gear.
Alternatively, you can reserve one of our eco-cabins, just visit: https://terraperma.ca/sejourner/types-hebergement/ or call the reservation center: 1-514-291-6368
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Jacket
- Change of Socks
- Water Bottle
- Food for your stay: Meals are not included in the course’s price. You’ll have access to a collective kitchen, equipped with propane stoves and a range of cooking gear. However, depending on the group size, it might become difficult to cook all together. We strongly advise that your meals be prepared in advance. Please be aware that we don’t have access to a fridge. If everybody agrees, it will be possible to proceed with a potluck formula. We’ll discuss this possibility shortly before the course with all the students.
- Swimsuit and towel: the course price includes access to the whole Terra Perma park, that includes a private, pristine, protected lake. Bring what you need to enjoy it! Soap, sunscreen and bug repellent are banned from the lake, please be considerate 🙂
- Price includes participation to the workshop for one person, access to a collective kitchen, access to Terra Perma’s park.
- 25$ for Students. Must provide ID.
- Group rates available for 10+ people