Full Moon Fermentation
July 9th 2017 from 12 PM to 3PM
- [email protected]
- 514 238 7007
- Carpooling is available
- July 9th 2017 from 12 PM to 3PM
In this 3 hour workshop on every full moon, this season the guest will be taught the ancient art of fermentation using traditional methods and materials with Chef David. This journey into history will take the guest through the origins of ancient fermented beverages such as Mead, Cider, Castimoniale, Tej, Beer and Wine all from a time before Sulphites and other additives. We will make a recipe together and everybody leaves with their own 1-gallon jug of must, airlock, appropriate yeast or scoby and the recipe for their own fermented beverage to try at home.
Our guests will learn how to ferment different foods and will be given the tools to continue the process at home.
All Levels. Must be 18 years or older.
The teacher will be giving the course in french and will be able to translate the difficult parts. However, if you need full-time translation, thank you for noticing us. We cannot promise it, but if several students need it, we’ll arrange something.
The price includes a camping spot (an 8’x10′ platform) for the Friday and Saturday nights. Please bring your own camping gear.
Alternatively, you can reserve one of our eco-cabins, just visit: https://terraperma.ca/sejourner/types-hebergement/ or call the reservation center: 1-514-291-6368
- Rain Jacket
- Change of Socks
- Water Bottle
- Food for your stay: Meals are not included in the course’s price. You’ll have access to a collective kitchen, equipped with propane stoves and a range of cooking gear. However, depending on the group size, it might become difficult to cook all together. We strongly advise that your meals be prepared in advance. Please be aware that we don’t have access to a fridge. If everybody agrees, it will be possible to proceed with a potluck formula. We’ll discuss this possibility shortly before the course with all the students.
- Swimsuit and towel: the course price includes access to the whole Terra Perma park, that includes a private, pristine, protected lake. Bring what you need to enjoy it! Soap, sunscreen and bug repellent are banned from the lake, please be considerate 🙂
- Price includes participation to the workshop for one person, access to a collective kitchen, access to Terra Perma’s parc. There will also be beverages, bread, and cheese for this specific workshop.
- 80$ for Students. Must provide ID.
- Group rates available for 10+ people