Advanced Wild Harvesting and Processing Dinner
June 25th 2017 from 2PM to 4PM
This 4-hour hands-on workshop is designed for our guests who have experience with wild harvesting and would like to discover new edibles or just touch up on existing knowledge. This is a hands-on workshop so please don’t forget your basket and a mushroom knife. On this tour, the guest will explore the forests of the Laurentians with one of our experienced guides for 3 hours and then finish at the outdoor kitchen for the final hour where we will process and taste the day’s harvest together.
The guest will be taught how to identify, sustainably harvest and process up to 100 wild edible and medicinal plants and mushrooms such as wood sorrel, nettle, burdock, vervain, bedstraw, purslane and multiple mushrooms depending on the season (fall is peak mushroom time).
The teacher will be giving the course in french and will be able to translate the difficult parts. However, if you need full-time translation, thank you for noticing us. We cannot promise it, but if several students need it, we’ll arrange something.
The price includes a camping spot (an 8’x10′ platform) for the Friday and Saturday nights. Please bring your own camping gear.
Alternatively, you can reserve one of our eco-cabins, just visit: https://terraperma.ca/sejourner/types-hebergement/ or call the reservation center: 1-514-291-6368
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Jacket
- Change of Socks
- Water Bottle
- Food for your stay: Meals are not included in the course’s price. You’ll have access to a collective kitchen, equipped with propane stoves and a range of cooking gear. However, depending on the group size, it might become difficult to cook all together. We strongly advise that your meals be prepared in advance. Please be aware that we don’t have access to a fridge. If everybody agrees, it will be possible to proceed with a potluck formula. We’ll discuss this possibility shortly before the course with all the students.
- Swimsuit and towel: the course price includes access to the whole Terra Perma park, that includes a private, pristine, protected lake. Bring what you need to enjoy it! Soap, sunscreen and bug repellent are banned from the lake, please be considerate 🙂
- 55$ for Students. Must provide ID.
- Group rates available for 10+ people
- Price Includes participation to the workshop for one person, access to a collective kitchen, access to Terra Perma’s park